A visit to Hämelschenburg castle takes you into the world of the Renaissance. Jürgen Klencke and his wife Anna von Holle had the water castle built in 1588 as part of the manor. It has been preserved in the family ever since.
You can enjoy:
- Historical guided tour of the castle
- Café, beer garden and museum shop
- "Minne garden" and hiking paths
- Artists and artisans, Trakehner stud farm
- Civil wedding ceremonies held in the castle
- Celebrations and parties in a unique atmosphere
- Special events (e.g. the annual Advent Market on the first weekend of Advent)
The impressive building is considered the major accomplishment of the Weser Renaissance, and with its art collections, landscaped gardens, farm buildings and church one of the most beautiful Renaissance landmarks in Germany.
An individual tour takes you through the historical rooms of the reception hall to the vaulted cellar. The epochs, style trends and personalities of many generations distinguish the rooms of the castle, which are decorated with valuable furniture, paintings, chimneys, ovens, collections of porcelain, weapons and glass. The guided tours make the over 550-year history of the manor come alive.