On the tracks of the Brothers Grimm (group guided tour)

Between 1802 and 1805, the Grimm brothers studied in the university town of Marburg with the jurist Professor von Savigny, housed in the Landgrave Forsthof, and there began to collect the world-famous fairy tales.

To this day, Marburg has remained a showplace of the Grimm fairy tales– many details of the preserved mediaeval ensemble were fabulously reanimated by the local painter Otto Ubbelohde in his illustrations from 1906-1908. These often well-hidden places along with the workplaces of the brothers, can be visited in the guided city stroll "On the tracks of the Brothers Grimm".

Old and primarily unknown fairy tales of the Brothers Grimm are also narrated. The guided tour ends at the Landgrave Palace. Here you can the savour the vista over Marburg and the surroundings which also fascinated Otto Ubbelohde and the Brothers Grimm.


Duration: 2 hours

Booking date

Can be booked throughout the year


  • € 68 per group (max. 30 persons)
  • Plus € 8 for languages other than German
  • Plus € 8 Sunday & holiday surcharge

This guided tour is also conducted in the following languages


Additional information

Max. 30 persons per group.


Marburg Stadt und Land Tourismus GmbH

Erwin-Piscator-Haus, Biegenstraße 15
35037 Marburg
Phone: +49 6421 - 99120
Fax: +49 6421 - 991212

» Send Email